The Integrated Breeding Platform (IBP) is conceived to help plant breeders accelerate the creation and delivery of new crop varieties in the context of an increasing global demand for food. It does so by giving access to vanguard technology and quality services – for both traditional and modern breeding activities – at low to no cost.
The IBP also provides training opportunities, responsive technical support and community space for meaningful exchanges with peers and other experts, as cornerstone elements of its deployment approach.
We are not a simple software or service provider. We are firmly committed to facilitating the adoption of today’s tools for tomorrow’s crops by plant breeders across world regions and economies, anywhere from emerging national programmes to well-established companies.
To that end, you will find essential resources on our pages to optimise your plant breeding programme:
- downloadable, comprehensive software tools: the Breeding Management System (BMS) and more tools from our partners
- a network of accessible and reliable breeding service providers;
- a resource library with products and information for over 10 crops, including diagnostic markers and trait dictionaries;
- training material and activities for an optimal use of our technology as well as for integrating good breeding practises;
- support through peer communities and dedicated technical assistance.