The Integrated Breeding Platform (IBP) is a nonprofit program hosted by the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) domiciled at Km. 45 Carretera Mexico- Veracruz , Col. El Batan, 56130, Texcoco, State of Mexico. The IBP may obtain names, email addresses, organizations, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, websites, and other information (Data) from individuals and entities for the purposes of:
- Generating and disclosing statistical information related to any of the scientific research fields in which the IBP is specialized, provided that such information is previously dissociated;
- Providing information in relation with courses and training that can be of interest for the holder of the Data;
- Generating information and/or studies regarding agriculture, software and hardware use and development for breeding and/or related disciplines, which includes, but is not be limited, to uses and practices in agriculture, socioeconomic conditions in determined populations/regions/zones, existing support in specific regions or zones, status of research, development and training, breeding and data capture practices, etc.
Data collected for the purposes identified in sections (a), (b) and (c) may be transferred, shared and/or assigned to public authorities empowered or with the right to access to them.
The IBP may also:
- Collect Data for the purposes of evaluating device attributes for internet connectivity, software and hardware specifications and use of different components of the IBP Breeding Management System (BMS) and of the IBP web portal, such as, but not limited to: the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, device identifiers, device locations – including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals – connection information, such as the name of mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address; and content and other information you provide when you use our portal, including when you sign up for an account, create, attach or share files, and message or communicate with others.
- Collect information about transactions in which you use the IBP Web Platform to place an order for Breeding Services. This includes your transaction information and other account and authentication information, as well as contact details. Such information will be used only for the purposes of
The Data referred to in sections (d) and (e) above may be shared with the IBP’s service providers and subcontractors, including the IBP’s affiliates, for the purposes of quality control, product development, and improvement of user experience. Any personally identifying information provided by a user in an e-mail message or web-based form will only be used to directly respond to the sender. The request for information may be redirected within the IBP and selected affiliates that may be better positioned to respond to the request. The Data stored in cookies referred to in section (f) are used exclusively by the IBP internally for analysis and statistical purposes.
The IBP may retain the Data for such time as is necessary in order to fulfill the purposes for which the Data were collected. In case you wish to limit the use or disclosure of your personal data or to exercise your right to access, rectify, cancel or oppose to the treatment of your Data, you should submit a request via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, the IBP cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that users transmit to it; accordingly, users do so at their own risk. Once the IBP receives a Data transmission, it will make efforts to ensure security on its systems. The IBP uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect Data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
Recipients of any periodic communications from the IBP, such as newsletters and various alerts, will be provided an opportunity to unsubscribe through an appropriate link on the Portal or by sending an email requesting that they be unsubscribed.
It is possible that in the future the IBP may be acquired, or may be hosted by one or more entities other than CIMMYT. If such a change in the IBP’s ownership or hosting status occurs, user Data may be transferred to any owner or hosting entity. Users will be notified via e-mail or prominent notice on the IBP website for 30 days prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information.
Providing your Data to the IBP implies your agreement to this privacy notice and/or any amendment thereto, as well as to the treatment of your Data in accordance to this privacy notice, without this being considered as a limitation to exercise your rights of cancellation or opposition under the Law. The IBP reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, such modifications being effective when posted.
Download Privacy Notice (PDF)