About Breeding View
Breeding View (BV) is statistical analysis software that accompanies the Breeding Management System. BV is a collaboration with between the Integrated Breeding Platform and VSNi, the makers of the Genstat statistical package. BV is an extremely user friendly statistical software that allows breeders to quickly access their results. Trial data exported from the Breeding Management System v4.0 is perfectly formatted for analysis by BV.
Breeding View can be installed on computers running the Windows operating system. You must have administrative access to your computer to install BV. If your institution controls your computer's administrative access, you will need to contact your IT department for assistance.
Breeding View Installer
- Download and launch the BV installer file:
Install Breeding View
- Select Next.
- Read and agree to the terms of the License Agreement.
- Accept the default directory location for BV installation or specify a custom location.
- Select Install.
- Select Yes.
- Select Finish.
- Breeding View can now be opened.
- However, no analysis can be run until a license code is provided to the application. Select Activate License from the Help menu or Troubleshoot Reason from the License Error message.
Obtain License Code
If you are using a intuitional version of Breeding Management System and BV, a license code will be provided to you by your institution. If you are using a demonstration version of the Breeding Management System and BV a temporary license code can be obtained by emailing a request to email@example.com.
- Enter your license code and select Activate.
Breeding View is now activated and analyses can be preformed.